Designed for HVACR:
- Superior - Controlled Sensitivity. Doesn't trigger on nuisance leaks unless in Turbo Mode.
- Rugged / Ergonomic Features. Ruggedized boot and it fit's in your hand.
- Infrared Sensor. Lasts up to 10 years.
- Three Sensitivity Levels. Meets new SAE standards.
- Audible/Visual Alarm. Turn the beep on or off - you decide.
- 8-hour Battery Charge. Work all day on one charge.
- Non-conductive, Sturdy Probe. Stays where you want it.
- Peak / Mute Buttons. Find leaks in noisy environments.
- Magnetic Hanger. Hang the unit while you repair the leak.
- Weighs 14-oz. Tough doesn't have to mean heavy.
Advantages Over Other Types of Refrigerant Leak Detectors:
- Triggers on all CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs and blends.
- Sealed sensor. Unlike heated diode and corona discharge leak detectors, the sensor doesn't "touch" refrigerant as it passes through the instrument. Heated diode and corona discharge units tend to degrade or fail when they come in contact with high concentrations of refrigerant or touch liquid.
- Doesn't trigger on oil or moisture like other types of detectors.
- Senses change in refrigerant levels. Works even in contaminated environments.
- Up and running in less than 30 seconds. Some heated elements and corona discharge units take much longer to warm up. UV dyes can take several hours to travel through a running system and can degrade system components.