The Classic heat pumps, models AVPA, are built in nominal cooling capacities of 2 to 5 tons (24,000 to 55,000 BTUH's). Each of the units is available with electric resistant heat as second stage or emergency heat. All AVPA series heat pumps use R-410A refrigerant. Scroll compressors are standard on all models. EER's up to 11.1. A complete range of factory installed ventilation options are available including the GreenWheel® ERV. Standard controls include:
- Defrost control - automatically removes ice or frost on the outdoor coil during cold weather.
- High refrigerant pressure switch with lockout relay - Turns the unit off to protect the compressor if the refrigerant pressure exceeds the specified set point. A manual reset is required to prevent destructive short cycling.
- Loss of charge switch with lockout relay - Turns the unit off to protect the compressor if the refrigerant pressure drops below the specified set point. A manual reset is required to prevent harmful short cycling.
- Dehumidification: Hot gas reheat or electric reheat are offered to control humidity levels in the classroom.
- Low ambient control - allows unit to operate in the cooling mode when outdoor ambient temperatures are low.
- Hard start kit - Used on single phase units to compressor higher starting torque when voltage is low. Note: not recommended for use on scroll compressors.
- Adjustable outdoor thermostat - Will not allow electric resistant heat to be energized unless outdoor temperatures are below a specified set point.
- "S" circuit - Limits the electric demand by preventing the simultaneous operation of the compressor and the electric heat.
- Compressor time delay - Prevents the compressor from restarting immediately after an interruption of power. The delay interval is adjustable from 12 seconds to 8 minutes.
- Many more.
- Accessories include: Supply grilles, Return grilles, Return air filter grilles, Thermostats