QuietR™ Acoustic Duct Liner has a tough, flame-retardant airstream
surface with an EPA registered biocide that stands up to gouging and other abuse in the shop and on the way to the job-site. It also contributes to reliable long-term service at internal air velocities up to 6,000 fpm (30.5 m/s). he factory applied edge coating complies with industry standards requiring treated transverse joints.
QuietR™ Acoustic Duct Liner enhances indoor environmental quality
by absorbing noise within sheet metal ducts, and contributes to indoor comfort by lowering heat loss or gain through duct walls.
Features and Benefits:
- Bacterial and Fungal Growth Resistance
- An EPA registered biocide in the airstream surface protects QuietR™
Acoustic Duct Liner from microbial growth and meets requirements of
ASTM C 1338, ASTM G 21 (fungitest) and ASTM G 22 (bacteria test).
- Assured Thermal Performance
- When installed in accordance with instructions so that compression is
controlled, QuietR™ Acoustic Duct Liner provides specified thermal
- Operating costs are controlled due to reduction of heat loss or gain through duct walls.
- Acoustically Efficient Duct systems built with this liner absorb fan and air turbulence noise and reduce popping noises caused by sheet metal expansion, contraction and vibration.
All portions of duct designated to receive QuietR™ Acoustic Duct Liner
shall be completely covered with duct liner, adhered to the sheet metal with 90% coverage of adhesive complying with ASTM C 916. Transverse
joints shall be neatly butted and there shall be no interruptions or gaps. All
transverse joints shall be edge-coated. Metal nosing on leading edges must be used where duct liner is preceded by unlined metal, and on all upstream edges when velocity exceeds 4,000 fpm (20.3 m/s). The black mat faced surface of the duct liner shall face the airstream.