Thermaflex® R-KD duct is a thermally insulated, fully lined, UL 181 Class I flexible air duct designed for efficient installation and operation in outdoor cooling and heating systems of low and medium pressure. It is available in standard 25-foot lengths. Because of its extreme flexibility and good weathering characteristics,Thermaflex® R-KD is particularly suitable for add-on mobile home remote air conditioning, for connecting double wide units as crossover duct, and for use in modular building systems.
Thermaflex RK-D complies with HUD Mobile Home Constructionand Safety Code Part 3280.715, Chapter II of 24 CFR. It provides an economical means for handling misalignment between system components and ducting around obstacles where fabricated and fitted ducts are difficult and costly to install.
Features and Benefits
- Reduced total installed cost - fast, economical installation
- Underwriters Laboratories listed UL 181 Class I Air Duct. Also complies with HUD Mobile Home Construction and Safety Code Part 3280.715, Chapter II of 24 CFR; NFPA Standards 90A and 90B, and most local, state and federal standards or codes
- Factory applied extra thick thermal insulation blanket complies with HUD/FHA minimum property standard; also HUD Mobile Home Construction and Safety Code
- Large diameter, heavy, spring steel wire helix assures dimensional stability, resists mechanical abuse and provides more efficient air delivery
- Core constructed of multiple layers of strong polyester film encapsulating a heavy corrosion-resistant spring steel helix
- Inner core oversized for quick instillation
- "Outward cast" of heavy steel spring steel helix keeps duct core from shrinking up inside insulation and jacket resulting in less waste
- Labor savings and reduced waste result in lower installed costs
- Quality R-KD installations produce referrals that increase volume and profits
- Available in certified R-4.2 and R-8.0 thermal values
- 10-year warranty*
The first five years of installation in the case of any warranty issue or product failure, Thermaflex will cover all duct cost, material cost and any reasonable labor cost, provided the Flexvent® product was properly installed in accordance with our written installation. For the second five years of installation, for a maximum of ten and in the event of any Flexvent product failure or warranty issue, Thermaflex will make replacement of the defective duct only and no other cost will be reimbursed.