R-410A High Efficiency Heat Pump 13 SEER (1.5 - 5 Ton Capacity). Maytag now offers the choice of a heat pump that uses a more efficient and environmentally friendly refrigerant designated R-410A. The PSH4BD Series of heat pumps offers exceptional performance from a small, compact package. The unit, when combined with our engineered coils or air handlers, offers a full line of quality, split system cooling equipment.
Features and Benefits:
Features and Benefits:
- Smart Cool 410TM Refrigerant (R-410A) - Earth friendly non-ozone depleting refrigerant.
- Durable attractive stainless steel cabinet - Durable brushed stainless steel protects the coil from yard hazards and extreme weather. Unit is trimmed in a silicone-protected polyester finish with a 950 hour salt spray that resists corrosion 50% better than comparable units.
- Quiet Plus™ Sound Package - Consists of a Quiet Plus™ Compressor Sound Blanket and a Swept Wing Fan Blade. Both have been engineered to significantly reduce unwanted noise.
- Copper Tube / Aluminum Fin Coils - Coils are designed to optimize heat transfer, minimize size and cost, and increase durability and reliability.
- Permanently Lubricated Motor - A heavy duty PSC motor for long lasting reliability and quiet operation. Requires no maintenance and is completely protected from rain and snow.
- Removable Top Grille Assembly - Allows ease of service from the top without disconnecting fan motor leads.
- Low Pressure Switch - Loss of charge protection ensures long compressor life. Auto-reset feature prevents nuisance service visits.
- High Pressure Switch - Protects against abnormally high system pressures. Auto-reset feature prevents nuisance service visits.
- Liquid Line Filter / Drier - Included with unit, field installed.
- One Piece Top/Orifice - Designed for maximum airflow and quiet operation.
- Five Minute Restart Time Delay - When the unit shuts down, a five minute delay keeps the unit from restarting, eliminating the highest cause for compressor failure.
- Easy Compressor and Control Access - Designed to make servicing easier for the contractor, access panels are provided to all controls and the compressor from the side of the unit.
- Composite Base Pan - Absorbs sound and is corrosion resistant. Composite is also stronger and lighter than steel.
- Fixed Orifice - Integrated in liquid line service valve for easy change-out.