The concentrate of acid in refrigeration oil is expressed as an acid number in mg of KOH per gram of oil (milligrams of potassium hydroxide per gram of oil). The acid number is a measure of the amount of hydroxide solution needed to neutralize the acid in the oil. The more acid there is in the oil, the more potassium hydroxide is needed to neutralize it and, so, the higher the acid number. In the Phase III test, an acid number of 0.05 mg KOH per gram of oil has been set as the maximum acceptable acid concentration in mineral oil and alkylbenzene oil. In Polyol Esters, the number is generally accepted as 0.16 mg. Mineral and alkylbenzene oils with an acid number less than 0.05 mg or POE's with an acid number less than 0.16 mg are acceptable and will cause no change in the color of the test kit's acid indicator. However, if the respective oils have an acid number greater than these limits, it will cause the acid indicator to change from purple to pink or clear indicating that the oil is contaminated.
Phase III is inexpensive, disposable, extremely accurate and the universal acid test kit for:
- Mineral oils
- Alkylbenzene oils like Zerol
- EMKARATE RL and Copeland polyol esters
- Polyvinyl ether (PVE) lubricants
- Simple- Phase separation makes it easy to see color changes in acid indicator.
- Universal- Use one kit for mineral oil, alkylbenzene, POE, and PVE oils.
- Convenient- Only two bottles to work with. No glass to break open since bottles have screw caps.
- Precise- Phase III is a highly accurate service tool that can save expensive compressor repair and replacement costs.
- Effective In The Presence Of Dyes- Many systems will contain dyes, such as fluorescent colored dyes, for leak detection purposes. These dyes render most acid tests useless; not Phase III. Because of its phase separation, Phase III make it easy to test such systems.
- Handy Size- Several Phase III Test Kits can be carried conveniently in a tool box.
|Name||Nu-Calgon 4320-W8 - Phase III® Refrigeration Oil Acid Test Kit|
|Gemaire Item Number||4320-W8|
|Manufacturer Product Number||4320-W8|
|SKU - PIM Number||1372691419475|
|Unit of Measure||EA|
|EPA Cert Required||No|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Characteristics||Acid test kit|
|Includes||2 Bottles, Acid Indicator|
|For Use With||Refrigeration Oil|
|Functions||Tests For Acid In Refrigeration Oil|
|Application Temperature||>0ºF (>0ºC)|
|Container Type||Cardboard Box|
|GEM - Case Quantity|