Unlike rigid pipe, Counterstrike® disperses electrical energy, and is listed by Factory Mutual for seismic resistance. Installed in tens of thousands of homes, Counterstrike® is the only lightning resistant CSST with the following level of proven performance:
- Up to 400 times more resistant to the damaging effects of electrical energy
than yellow CSST.
- Meets ASTM E84 with respect to flame spread and smoke density. This permits
installation in return air plenums.
- The most complete range of CSST sizes (3/8"- 2") available.
- No additional manufacturer bonding is required.
- Lays straighter and pulls easier than competitive CSST.
- The strength of Counterstrike® material makes it more crush resistant than competitive brands.
- Counterstrike® has higher flow ratings
compared to competitive brands. Installers save money by using a smaller size Counterstrike® (i.e.. 3/8" Counterstrike® versus 1/2" other brand).
- UL Listed for 1, 2, and 4 hour through penetration fire stop ICC systems without removal of the conductive jacket.